We collect personal information.
We collect the following types of personal information about you, from you, either directly or through persons or entities acting on our behalf:
• Personal information you provide to us, including:
• personal information that you enter on an income tax form, including your name, address, social insurance number, and other identifying and contact information, in addition to your tax and financial information, and your e-mail address;
• information from applications, forms, surveys, and in connection with polls or contests, including your name, address and e-mail address; and
• information for billing and payment purposes, including credit or debit card information, such as card number and card expiration date; and
• Personal information from your use of our Web site, such as navigation patterns at the site and information we collect through Internet cookies (see below for further information).
We use the personal information we collect to serve you better.
The personal information you provide is used so that we can effectively provide products and services that you have requested and to manage our operations, including, to complete and file your income tax return, to provide you with other requested financial or tax-related information and services, which may include financial planning information, and for administrative and billing purposes.
We may also use your personal information to enable us to understand your needs and preferences and then to alert you by mail, phone or e-mail to current and anticipated product offerings, and to tailor marketing material to your specific needs (though you may of course choose not to receive these materials).
Providing you with financial and tax information is important to us.
As your trusted tax and financial advisor we want to help keep you informed. To do this we may send you free information about financial and tax-related services offered by us.
Of course, we believe that you should have choices.
If you do not want to receive additional financial or tax-related information, including information about available financial or tax-related services please contact us through the telephone number or email address listed below. Tax To Go will continue to provide you with necessary account information and your yearly tax reminder notice.
We only disclose the personal information we collect in limited circumstances.
• to service providers employed or retained by us to perform certain services or functions on our behalf, such as billing, processing of credit card transactions, data processing, collection or research services. In these cases, we restrict their use of your personal information to what is necessary to act on our behalf;
• within the Tax To Go 2000 Limited `s strategic financial services associates so that they may offer you products and services which may be of interest to you (though you may of course choose not to receive these materials, in which case your information will not be disclosed);
We may also disclose aggregated information that does not identify you individually, compiled using your personal information.
We protect your personal information.
Tax To Go protects personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We restrict internal physical and electronic access to personal information to those employees who need to access it in order to serve you. We also maintain policies and procedures designed to restrict access (by external parties) to your personal information in several ways. These include programs and specifications for physical security and records retention and disposal, computer and communication security measures reflected in system design, password protection, data management practices, and other measures to restrict access to the data we hold in physical and electronic forms.
We do not store your personal information indefinitely; instead we retain personal information only for as long as necessary or relevant for the purposes discussed above or as required by law.
We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you provide while on our site. You may be able to configure your browser to accept or reject all or some cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set, however, cookies must be enabled in order to access most functions on the site. Since each browser is different, check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You have rights
You have the option, at any time, to call (416) 783-9117 or e-mail us to request access to your personal information in order to verify its accuracy and, if required, to correct it. We are required to and will provide access to your information except where we are prohibited by law from doing so, or are permitted by law to restrict your access and have legitimate business or legal reasons for doing so. Due to the private nature of much of the personal information we maintain, our policies do not permit disclosure of your personal information over the phone or via e-mail. Instead we can make other arrangements for you to access your personal information.
In addition, you can refuse to provide personal information to us and you may also at any time, on reasonable notice to us, in person or via telephone or email, withdraw your consent to any of our collection, use or disclosure of your information, unless it is required to provide you with the services you have requested or to provide you with necessary information relating to your accounts with us or as required by law.
If you require further information about Tax To Go`s privacy policies or practices, or to access or update your personal information, please contact us at the phone number or e-mail address listed above.
Changes to our policy
In order to improve our financial service offerings, we may, directly or indirectly, through our relationship with other financial services entities who offer complementary products and services. We may directly or indirectly disclose personal information to these strategic financial services associates who may use this personal information in order to offer you financial or tax-related information and services. While disclosure will be necessary where you have requested a product or service which is provided by one of our strategic financial services associates, if you do not wish to receive marketing materials from these parties, you may choose to do so by contacting us at the telephone number or email address listed above.